I am from Cork County/ Ireland, 52 yo and suffering of aniridia, nystagmus with a severe visual loss. I bought Mini Telescopic Glasses about a year ago and here is my opinion about this custom-made spectacle.
When someone with low vision is looking for a device to help them see better there is two main things they want:
1. A device that gives them the best vision possible near/far
2. A device that is as hidden as possible
Mini Telescopic Glasses covers these two elements.
- Different strengths makes 20/20 vision possible for most people
- The telescope is on the inside of the glasses and with the tinted lens it is the most discrete device on the market
- It’s adjustable between near and far viewing
- After sales service and training is excellent
- Training and patience required
- Sometimes when moving between settings you can miss objects for example when going from near viewing to far you may not be fast enough to see the number on a moving bus or taxi
I’m very happy with my mini telescopic glasses. I can read, write watch TV and live a good standard of life